You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Friday, October 18, 2013

It's Pink Saturday!

Every Wednesday is Rednesday here at Brown Gingham
                                        Click button to see recap
and today is ...........................                                                            
How Sweet the Soundat How Sweet the Sound.

So, I thought I'd show a few pieces  of English Enamelware I found




 A Pretty English Cottage and Garden  These plates seem to tell a story of this Cottage.


This pastoral scene is so serene....lambs...faithful guard dog....the girls found roses to pick in the old stone wall  and even a dove allows them to hold it. The edge around this plate has accents of the roses interspersed  around the rim.



The rims of plates are all different

                                        These two look like eyelet material with a floral flourish

This plate has a floral ivy pattern with  these floral garlands interspersed.


I hadn't seen plates like these before. They weren't dented or rusted so for $1.50 each at the antique mall I had to have them. Believe me I had to double check the sticker wasn't 11.50 or 15.00..LOL...
I do not get the luck of finding thrifty things like this. To my thrill they were $1.50!!
I can't wait to do a little tablescape with the trio.
Well, I'm going to go and see all the other posts that'll be pretty in pink. We can go together thru HERE .





I

  

5 comments:

Jeannie Marie said...

Your plates are beautiful! What a great find!

Anonymous said...

Those plates are so pretty!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Melody,
LOVE those dishes!! So pretty!!

hugs,
Deb

pinkkandy said...

Hoping this week-end finds you filled with peace...alot of joy..and some coziness..

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Melody..those plates are so great...and you really got a good buy too! I love when that happens. Enjoy!! Happy Pink Saturday..Tami xo