You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Monday, July 19, 2010

A was for Apron, D was for Dolls,

Well, if you can't tell by Kermits ABC song, it's time for the Vintage Alphabet Party at the Etsy Cottage Style Blog. I can hardly believe we've been doing this for 7 months!

This months letters are L and M. Hmmmmm........................................................................................
I could put a few pics of my favorite vintage things I have framed around the house.

Log Cabin photos from Cades Cove Tn.


But, then I  thought about my vintage Lamps.

                                                    

This is a Hobnail Milkglass and Cranberry Glass lamp. It was an oil lamp that was converted to electric in  the 1930's. It belonged to Jim's Grandma.









 
This little oil lamp is from the 1950- 60's. It's a  ceramic conastoga wagon with a very think wood grain plastic shade.









This is a fun nightlight that I created and is available on my Etsy Site. It's a 1960's plastic doll with spun plastic dress and parasol. I embellished her with a 1960's hankie I hand-embroidered and accented with a 1940's doily.









Of course I can't forget my Linens

This monogrammed teatowel and hand-tatted lace table topper are from the 1940's from my MIL.









This is a 1940's Swedish Emboidered Dishtowel











        I use this 1970's woven tablecloth as a wall hanging

and then I have a few vintage linens I use to incorporate into my designs, like this 1968 pillow case I
hand-embroidered.......
             I also have vintage Hummel Music Boxes

 I have  begun creating keepsake music boxes using vintage components like this one......................


And lastly, I couldn't forget my collection of 1960's  Mochaware. It's a mix of McCoy and Hull pieces, but the differences in the glazes aren't really noticible.
As you can see in the overview of the table this was a tablescape for Fall,
but I do use these dishes all year round.
Well, these are my entries for the Vintage Alphabet this month. I thought this would be a hard alphabet segment to fill, but one I got to going it filled in rather nicely I think.
If you'd like to see some of my other designs that I've placed in this post just pop over http://www.brownginghamcreations.com/ or http://www.brownginghamcreation.etsy.com/
Now, let's go over to the Etsy Cottage Style blog and see what the other party-goers have showed for thier Vintage Alphabet!
 

9 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

You have some really good stuff here Melody! I love the Raggedy Ann pillow. The dishware collection is wonderful too.
♥, Susan

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Melody,

I love all of your images. Thank you so much for being so literal in your alphabet choices....;o)

So much of your items reminded me of when I grew up. Have a great week.

Hugs,
Meri

Anita Diaz said...

Love, love, love all your items!! I have seen those cabins at Cades Cove many times too! Love your Hull and McCoy, too. I broke my butter dish a couple years ago, and have never gotten another one. I too love the Raggedy Ann pillow. My dad knew the Gruelles whose Dad created them. They were summer residents here in NC, They still have family in the Highlands area. That lamp is fabulous!!

Debbi said...

Log cabin! That is a good one--I just ran out of time this month and wasnt too original in my post:(

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Hello there, Melody! I posted about the award you so sweetly granted me...just before I left to do Brimfield.

You can see it here:
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/2010/07/thank-you-for-honor.html

Thanks again for the honor!

Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

Vicki said...

Hi, Melody,
I enjoyed seeing all of your vintage treasures today, especially the pieces passed down through your family. Hope your day has been a good one, my friend! Blessings to you~ Vicki

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for showing us your vintage treasures. I LOVE the wagon lamp. That is just too cute.

Blessings, Jilly

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Melody,
Oh I love your L&M treasures. Your lamps are gorgeous and the music boxes and mochaware are awesome. I have always loved mochaware too. I gave pieces I had to our son when he moved. He liked it and thought it looked manly. LOL!!

Your linens are beautiful too and I love your embrodiery piece too, Hobnail milkglass is really a favorite of mine as well. I have 2 lamps that I did not show and a milkglass chandy too.

Thank you for sharing.
Lovely post.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Nice collections!
Your lamps are so pretty and I just love that mochaware.
I'm a little late with mine this month. I hope to get my Locks, Linens, Matchbooks, and Magazines photographed in the morning.

Kimberly :-)