You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A whimsical garden party


A little lengthy and I might be going out on a limb, but it was  Hoot to do Pics to follow. Please read on.............
The Songbird Gazette
All the News to Tweet About
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello my fine feathered friends. Polly Parrot here with all the latest news to squawk about in Birdlandia.

Maple Grove:  Doc Stork visited the nest of  Mr. and Mrs. B. Lue Jay last night and delivered 4 perfectly adorable eggs. Doc says it's only a matter of days before the Hatchlings make an appearance. 
/--------------------------------/
Olde Oak Tree Condos: Construction note, the Woodpeckers will be doing necessary renovations. They request all residents land at the rear of the tree.           
/---------------------------------/
Songbird Exclusive:  Mrs. 'Red' Robin Hosts Garden Party Luncheon                                                                      
 Mrs. 'Red' Robin hosted a grand garden party luncheon for Ms. Carolina Wren. Ms. Wren is relocating to our neck of the woods from North Carolina. She was chaperoned by Chief Red Hawk of the Cherokee, North Carolina Hawks. In the fall Ms. Wren will be attending our prestigious Bird U. Dean Bal T. Mor'Oriole and his wife Raven were on hand to welcome Ms. Wren. Other notibles who attended were, Woody Woodpecker of stage and screen fame, the Starlings of Cornfield, Prof. Hoot Owl, and Col. Nutt Hatch a long time family friend of both Mrs. Robin and Ms. Wren's family. The Cardinal of Birdlandia also flew in to welcome Ms. Wren and give her his heartfelt blessings. Entertinment was provided by the Warblers, The Loon's, and special appearance by Jiminey Cricket accompanied by  the Songbird Quartet.
In defference to Mrs. Robin's wishes photographic and vocal recordings of this party were not allowed.......
but, I Polly Parrot was allowed prior entry into the Garden during set up and allowed to snap a few shots of what the tables looked like.


tables were provided by the Woodpecker Woodworks


And placed in various groupings in the garden.
Lovely linens in bright colors graced the tables

The custom teapots and cups, designed by Pigeon Potters, were placed on each table


and,


locally grown Clover, Crown Vetch, Summer Phlox, Geranium, Butterfly Bush, and Clematis from Mrs. Robin's garden completed the tables.

The menu included Mint Tea, Leaf Salad with assorted Seeds, Corn Cake and Her secret recipe
Caraway Cookies.
Here are a few more pictures of the pretty little tables.






A fun time was had by all.
I must mention Mrs. Robin was, as always, the most gracious hostess in her trademark vintage apron.



And, as we all flew off she made sure each of her guests received a tote, like this, filled with her signature Caraway Cookies.




I have a scoop......Mrs. Robin wanted me to let you know that her vintage aprons and todays guests totes are  provided by Melody at Brown Gingham Creation, "a wonderful old Crow" As Mrs. Robin puts it. "A whiz with a needle and embroidery thread".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everybody! I hope you enjoyed my little bit of whimsy. Thought I'd do something different for a post to show off one of my cutest little Tea Sets and include a view of a couple of my creations available. The apron is a 1950's cotton that I finished  the embroidery on, added Swprovski Crystals, and vintage buttons. The Tote has a pocket I created by hand-embriodering a portion of 1940's tablecloth and then embellished with buttons and silver studs.
You'd never guess I found this 'tweet' little set in a Publisher's Clearinghouse mailer. I use it outside to accent my porch, which hopefully since the heat has broken I will be able to finish decorating. for the Summer. The cedar stump used for the table was 1 of a few I kept when they cut down an old cedar tree in Grandma's yard. I know odd thing to keep, but I loved that old tree as a kid and the peices have come in handy around the garden. The "tablecloth" is actually A hankie from my collection. If you'd like to see more of my vintage inspired aprons, visit my Etsy site, Apronation. For my other creations visit http://www.brownginghamcreations.com/ or http://www.brownginghamcreation.etsy.com/
Now that I've visited my feathered friends...I can't wait to pop in at Susan's Very Cherry World for Rednesday on Wednesday, Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday, and my friends at Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday to see what party-goers are doing there.

22 comments:

Grannys Attic said...

Love reading your post. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Happy 4th, Blessings, Vicky

Charity said...

What a sweet garden party! I LOVE your stump ... what a fun addition to ther garden You should look for the book "Among The Forest People" - it has lots of fun animal stories like yours.

craftyles said...

What a cute party! I wish I could come. Love the linens.

Kim, USA said...

Hey I love your music here, thanks for sharing! Happy Wednesday!


Fiesta Hollyhock

★Carol★ said...

What a darling little tea party, set atop that tree stump! I loved it Melody, and it was enchanting!
Happy REDnesday and Happy 4th!
Carol

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Such a charming little party. Love it!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty and sweet this all is. A charming post.

Barbara said...

Just lovely!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh how darling! Made me wish I had little girls here to share it with -- it's just as sweet as can be. And I ADORE birds!!!
Cute party, thanks!
Cass

Nita Stacy said...

what a sweet little tea party...but it looks like it went to the birds! Very cute.

Jacqueline said...

Darling tea sets. Very fun. I had a few of these but the grandkids have lost most of the pieces. You make me wish I had them all back. Too fun to post about them.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

A most charming post, Melody! I love anything to do with birds and nature, and your endearing little "birdie news" is adorable!

Your embroidered creations are lovely, as well.

Thanks to linking to my Time Travel party. Hope to see you each week.

Happy 4th!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

SueLovesCherries said...

It's so good to hear that Randy Travis song! Patriotic songs always make me want to cry (pride)!

What an adorable and whimsical post! Please send me an invite to the next little party, lol!

Melanie said...

Thanks Melody for stopping by Southern Comfort in a Northern Life. Yes, BB gave me 10% off the refrig. and yes, you are right.....things move different up here than in the south. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Charming post. Cute garden party. Thanks for sharing.

Marigene said...

What a cute post...the teapot is adorable. Have a great weekend!

Sandy said...

Melody, you stopped by today with some really interesting suggestions on my 'bath reno'.. I like the idea for the 'beadboard' to box in the tub.. did you mean on top of the tile? Thank you so much with the ideas!
Happy 4th to you and your family!
I think I'll invite myself to your next tea!
Sandy
thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Melody, I enjoyed your whimsy post, how very cute.
Greetings, Johanna

Lana Kim White Austin said...

This is just too precious for words!!! So whimsical and fresh!!!!

Hugs, Lana

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi, Love your garden party and how you set it up on the tree stump, just darling. Thanks for sharing, happy 4th of July!
Hugz,
Kim

Cinderella Moments said...

That is so cute! How creative of you!!

Carol said...

Sweet, or should I say tweet, little garden party! I'm your new follower!