You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's a 2fer Day!

I don't always get to combine a post that include vintage finds for my two of my fav meme.


Yesterday began the Vintage Alphabet Party over at the Etsy Cottage Style Blog and tomorrow is Rednesday at It's a Very Cherry World. Soooooo, that means today is a red letter day!
The vintage alphabet for this month includes items under.....I-J-and K.
'I' is for vintage 'I'cons.........
The little Sunbeam Bread Girl of the 1930-40's ( you saw her before)  It's a reproduction sign                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         







The 1930's Morton Salt Girl. It's a reproduction on a cork hotmat






Everybody remembers the Campbell Soup Kids
Thru the years. I have a whole set of a soup tureen and
4 soup mugs with the different looks for the Kids each decade.
These are my favorite years.





Again, everybody remember Cracker Jack. This was a reproduction
tin saved from the 70-80's









And, this reproduction collectors Frito bag
shows the Frito kid of the 50's. If I remember
correctly, I think he looked the same in the
60's too.







                                                              
                                                                  
"J" is for "J"ewelry


As you can see I like jewlery from different years. The enamalware flower pins are from the 60's
The colored stones, rhinestones, and pearl, pins and earrings are from the 40-50's
The little gold pin in the top photo of the little girl watering her garden is from the 30's
I love vintage jewlery sooooo much it is part of my business logo,


and I incorporate it into my creations whenever possible, like here for example

My 'Dream" Angelic Inspiration, available on my website, wears a crown of gold accented by colored rhinestones asnd enamalware flowers.

This brings us to the letter "K" for Kitchy finds.

This wooden cutting board is from the 40's. My Grandma always used it. Now, when I'm not using it, it makes a great kitchy piece of wall art.
 I also have various pieces of plaster fruit scattered about the walls from the 40's-60's. I don't do wallpaper..I envy you all who have the patience.........but I prefer the look of wall art. I can change it more often..LOL add to it is more like it!
I also like to use kitchy finds in my Brown Gingham Creation designs.
 ,
I cross-stitched the words on the 1950's herb motif tea towel and turned it into a kitchy pillow.
Then I found this ........




A 1960's Styleccraft recipe box in a kitchy colonial kitchen motif and then this.....


A 1940's cookbook put out by Swan's Down Flour with wonderful recipes and filled with pics of vintage dolls of the same era. Well, I put these finds together to create this.........................

 
A kitchy little Kitchen Angel set. (also available on my website)


I thought when the letters I-J-and K came up for the Vintage Alphabet it would be hard to fill the letters, but when I got to lookin around they were easy as A-B-C.  O-K sorry I'll stop now. I'm heading over to the Vintage Alphabet Party and the on to visit Susan's Very Cherry World
C U later!! OMG I just can't stop myself.....

15 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Melody, Your post today brought back a lot of wonderful memories today. Isn't it funny how so many people enjoy the same kind of things. Did you get a lot of our storms? It has just turned horribly hot right now with triple digit heat index. The test are over and so far so good. They stretched something at the base of my throat that I can't pronounce or spell. He did a couple of bioopesies to make sure there is no infection and said that I had a small hernia. All reports we have got back so far have been good. I just had to add another pill to mine so I am now up to three. I guess it could be a lot worse. Have a wonderful week. I go back to work tomorrow. Talk to you later.

Diann said...

Wow! Lots of fun vintage things here!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You must have had so much fun putting this post together. I sure hope you did because I enjoyed reading it. 'Fraid I don't remember some of your icons-I just remember the Frito Bandito! :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post!!!!! I loved it all! Ihad that Cracker Jack tin years ago....in the early 80's all kinds of food companies got on the "vintage" tin bandwagon. You bought food in them and the hunt was so fun!!!! Every time my friend Sandy and I would go shopping we would get giddy! :)

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Fun Alphabet collections! Love your jewelry pieces.

Kimberly :-)

Dawn said...

What fun. All your kitchy things are A O K ! They fit you to a T!

Unknown said...

Great items! I especially love the recipe tin :)

Blessings!
Gail

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Oh wow some of these images sure brought back memories! What a great post fo rthe Alphabet Party! And I don't think I brought back any tablecloths...I'm sure she had them and that was part of the collection I didn't get to LOL but as I'm still sorting I will keep my eye out, just in case. :-)
hugs
Gail

Judy said...

I loved all your great pictures! Especially the vintage jewelry. I have a lot of jewelry in my antique booth as well as here at home. I use broken or orphan pieces to make new funky jewelry. Am working on a couple of pieces now.

I think that Etsy Cottage Style is a great way to visit other blogs and find people who love the same things!

Thanks for sharing!

★Carol★ said...

So many fun things to look at today, Melody! I looove all of your vintage jewelry, that recipe box, and your Grandma's cutting board. What a great family keepsake!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

nannykim said...

Oh I so love the recipe box--darling. Of course the soup mug--is so happy.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Melody!
Such a fun post! I love all of your things but I especially love your kitchy things! Your Swans recipe booklet looks like so much fun and I'd love to find a recipe box like yours.
Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Vicki said...

Hi, Melody, and thank you for sharing your vintage alphabet with us today. I had forgotten about the Frito kid, and I have always loved the Morton Salt girl and Campbell kids. You have a wonderful collection of jewelry and kitschy items, too. Hope your week has been a good one, my friend. Love and blessings~ Vicki

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi, You so many wonderful vintage things here . I love them all especially the recipe box !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Bearly Sane said...

Hi Melody! Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Thanks for sharing all your vintage things, I enjoyed reading your post.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane