You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Autumn Ispiration

I love to create.


And, Autumn Is my Muse............


As a Floral Designer Autumn inspires tablescapes, like this one above. A base of bu;ap covered the table, then a woven plaid tablecloth topped it. A huge grapevine cornucopia filled with fruit, pumpkins  melons, and fresh autumn hued flowers and foliages are the focal point spilling onto the floor. The top is accented by candlesticks, pumpkin scented pillar candles, mochaware plates, and a freshly baked pumpkin cake.
It was awarded a Gold Medal of  Excellence from the Cincinnati Horticultural Society.

This basket is a fun fall theme of asters, mums, and autumn leaves with a cute scarecrow.

This Pave' design is a favorite. It reminds me of a quilt.....this I quilt I have patience to do..hehe.
This was created with an assorted collection of flowers and foliages. Sometimes I add stones...beads....threads.....yarns....even rick-rack...depending on the theme.

It also inspires my acrylic artworks..........................................................

This framed landscape looks like a watercolor, but it is acrylic

and this mixed media bottle was spray painted brown with a mottled black overcoat. The 'label' is a  sponged background  accented by bead leaves. I hand-painted the mum, again with acrylic paint, and added seed beads in the center.

Of course Autumn inspires my embroidery.............................................................


This 1960's dishtowel was revived with Fall leaves fringe and bittersweet vines

and this vintage hankie popped with hand-embroidery and seed beads


Autumnal hues even inspire my decor throughout the year.

My living room sofa area  and oil painting reflects the warm colors found in my whole house. 
Browns, burgandys, rose, golds, peaches, blues, greens, rusts....

Even Autumn's holidays inspire me. I love to cook during the Halloween season. My menus just 'reek' with inspiration. This week may include: Bat Wings...............Voodoo Chicken.........Monster Mash Potatoes........Poison Apples......Fungus Salad.......can you tell I've thought about this....I have many more.


Well, today I think I need some more inspiration and I enjoy going to Create With Joy for Inspire Me Monday so why don;t we go together...bring Halloween week it gets a little scary in Bloglandia.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your autumn ideas:) Beautiful Beautiful creations!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Great autumn décor....a wonderful time of year to decorate! You are creative with your menu too!

Poppy said...

Hi Melody,

Pretty floral bouquets for the season and sweet embroidery!

Poppy

PS: You have the sweetest name!

Anonymous said...

Melody, I just love the way the kitchen towel was decorated...the trim is perfect, and the vines add such beautiful color. And the embroidered hanky is so pretty!

Happy, happy day,

Marianne xo