You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Autumn at BG Cabin

It feels a lot like Fall today


The trees are changing................................................
Coming down the driveway I noticed some trees are already bare.

These are old woods surrounding us. Luckily no one has cut em all down yet. Believe it or not we are 
surrounded by other houses...much older homes...ours was built in 93' There should be many more trees around us, but that is a long story and way too icky...suffice it to say if I do a post it will be entitled
'American Dream.....Nightmare on Main St. USA'
Breath....shudder....sigh.

This is a close up of the bottom corner of the above pic. That is my 1969 Shwinn..yes....my 50 yr old bike.
It seems frozen in time....no... really...it is. It's rusted in that position..LOL


 This is my stand of little Sassafras Trees. There used to be many, many, more of theses in the surrounding woods, but some have been taken out by storms and neighbors. I love their fall color. 

And, this is the bottom of the drive.

I have been getting out some of my decorations for outside...............




This throw I use makes me sad this year.......it's Cades Cove in  Townsend Tn. It's one of the parks closed in the Smokies.. Sad thing is some folks live right up in it on one side. It's has one of the few organized Volunteer groups that help tend it....have no idea why it's closed except for the idiots that get out of vehicles to chase bears...yes...chase bears....then wonder why they get chased back or mauled....
and it's the bear's fault. 
Rule #1 see a bear...stay in car...return to car....quickly. 
Rule # 2 do not give bear apple, candy, sandwich
Have You Never Seen Yogi Bear!!!



Hope you're having a great Autumn Day!
Don't forget to see a recap of Rednesday Wednesday Here
and on this Autumn day I'm visiting the ColoradoLady for Vintage Thingy Thursday

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have such a beautiful home nestled in a pretty setting. That's sad about Cade's cove...it's such a neat park to visit and see lots of wildlife. I love your pretty decorations! And even your blog is decorated! Hugs!

Our photos said...

Beautiful photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Beautiful photos.........I love your cabin! The changing colors are so wonderful to see. So sad that humans don't realize the importance of animals territory. Have a great rest of the week!

Savannah Granny said...

I love your home. I did not know Cade's Cove was closed.It is sad. We have been there many times in the past and always bought some of their corn meal. So sad a few idiots prevent so many from seeing this lovely area.
I am following, Ginger

Anonymous said...

Love your home and your decorations. Came by for a visit. Was very nice. New follower from
Blackberry Winter Crafts
Donna L.