You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Come on sit a spell.

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. Can you sit a while and visit? I love porches. Don't you? They say 'Welcome' to the world. I'm lucky to have a good sized front porch for sittin' and swingin' This wonderful cedar swing was hand-made in Kentucky. It was a a house-warming gift from my parents when we first moved into our new house in 94'. I wanted the porch to have it's own personality. Our house is a Cape Cod design..so patriotic touches are a given. I knew right away that this swing needed a throw of some kind. I love quilts, but have no patience when it comes to doing one and our budget is very limited so purchasing one in red, white, and blue seemed doubtful. Most yard sales and flea markets, were I was able to find one, wanted an arm and a leg. Years ago at the Burlington Antique Market I was surprised to find this pillow that was created from a vintage flag. The 'coffee table' was a freebie. My Mother-In-Law was getting rid of a nest of three half-round tube framed tables with pressed board tops. I covered the top with red and cream ticking fabric and added a blue canvas skirt.
This vintage tablecloth is to become a couple of pillows to go on my swing and my retro look chairs...no..that vintage 1940's chair in foreground is not original....it's a $19.99 Sale at Home Goods!!
If you haven't been to Home Goods you just gotta go. They're a part of TJmax, but better. When they have a clearance sale it's really a sale on everything for the home. Oh, I think the tea is ready....I'll be right back............
(Don't forget to leave a comment to enter my 6 month blogiversary giveaway....see post 6/13 for details)

5 comments:

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Hi Melody,
Love your porch!
And I can't wait to see your finished vintage tablecloth projects. You scored some real beauties.
Congrats on the 6 month blogiversary!

Kimberly :)

KitschKrafts said...

Love your retro chairs and the flag motif. I think that your tablecloth plans are going to look great, too!

Erika

Shirley said...

Hi Melody, Your porch looks so inviting. Would love to come and sit on the porch just to chit chat. I was waiting to see a picture. I have two chairs similar to yours plus a glider, but they need to be painted. Your Missouri friend

Judy's Vintage Collections said...

Howdy Melody,
I love your front porch and I will be right over to sit...I know we could talk a spell....I too have a swing on my porch..I live in the country and I do a lot of swinging Front porch swing are the best place to visit...We had one on my at my home when I was a very young girl in the early 1950's oops! I think I just gave a way my age...
I would love to enter your give away...Congrats on the 6 month blogiversary!
from the heart of Texas!
A BIG HUG...
Judy

Judy's Vintage Collections said...

OOP's again! I mixed up a few words or left one out...Maybe you can make out what I meant...I type too fast...and should have read it better...tee hee!
I am a great-granny and maybe I don't see too well...
Have a great weekend!