Rednesday is a weekly blog party celebrating everything RED. Sunset reds to garnet reds....tomato reds to strawberry reds...and every shade in between. I especially love this time of year with the patriotic reds....geranium reds....barn red....sunburn red...wait, wait sorry just kidding I am just soooo excited it's Summer. LOL.Posts can showcase vintage finds. collections, decor, fashion, designs or items you have for sale, seasonal items, recipes,etc. The connecting thread will be the color RED
Here in Cincinnati it is a wonderful 75* at Midnight!
In the Northern Rockies of Montana...there is a snow storm goin on...phew...I will take the humidity..rain..and 90's later this afternoon 8)
Today I thought I'd share this delish recipe I found HERE
This recipe is adapted and can be found in ABWA's Key of Friendship cookbook (Salisbury, Missouri)
Author: Donna Cravens via My Kitchen Addictions
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (I use pecans.)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 stick butter (I use salted.)
- Use a 9x12-inch pan, ungreased.
- Spread in layers, crushed pineapple, cherry pie filling, chopped pecans (reserving (1/4 cup), dry cake mix, butter (cut-up in small pieces) and remaining pecans
- Bake about 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Don't forget to grab your piece before you head out to the other partiers! And, wouldn't it be fun to eat it in this kitchen! It's a 1940's Nairn Linolium ad.
Okay....got your cake? Found your seat? Let's go....