You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Miracle for Rednesday


Update: I appreciate when you come by. Please leave a comment if you visit I may not be able to visit you all tomorrow.
I almost missed Christmas in Bloglandia!
My computer died,buy Santa's Elves are reviving it. Poor Girl is almost 15 years old...not sure how old that is computer years..hehe... she's a friend and confidant, I can't just get rid of her, she knows all my secrets 8/ Thank goodness I borrowed another laptop til my is back. That's a Christmas Miracle and just in time to celebrate another  Holiday Rednesday!


Happy Holiday Rednesday Wednesday!
The Holidays are here and it's the most wonderful time for Rednesday! 
Decking the halls........trimming the tree.........
hanging the wreath......setting the table........
traditions.......the cookies......the candies....
the month long cooking....yippee........
Let's celebrate!
Join the party with Inlinkz below


For my Rednesday post today I finally got my trees up. I usually have all my decorating up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year seemed to be a wreck, sooooo here are my trees..............................
 This is my outside tree decorated with Snowmen cards I accented with mini tinsel. The topper is a tin-punched star.
Inside my tree is very traditional..........................................


Garland, tinsel, vintage and modern glass/plastic ornaments, and reflectors...........................

Last year Jim surprised me with this large 1940's aluminum reflector tree-topper that matched my Grandma's smaller 

tree light reflectors. I know a lot of you do themed trees.....
special color trees.......I admire your creativity and envy your boundless energy..sigh...but taking these things out is like seeing old friends....a constant is a time when things change at an instant.

I also visited the Antique Mall and of course they are decorated for the Holiday. These were some of my favs.





And some of the things available.....................


An Art Linkletter peddle cart


tablecloth appliqued and hand-embroidered


an old enamal-ware tub


this delightful Fire King baking motif mixing bowl
Yikes, that is just one bowl not a set!


and of course...vintage magazines


This is it for this installment of Holiday Rednesday #13. Next week will be the a fun Rednesday...the day after Christmas......can't wait to see those posts! Now, go on down to the Inlinkz icon and join the party! Oh, and don't forget to go to my Weekly Blog Party Page to visit all the weekly parties I love to go by.



8 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Wow, Early Rednesday! :)

Love your trees and vintage ornies, so special. I know what you mean about that special relationship with your computer. I went through the same thing but finally upgraded a couple years ago. It wasn't easy, hope your repair goes well.

Thanks for hosting. Joining in first today, woo hoo! :) Pam

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Lovely images with vintage ornaments and pretty tres, so festive and colorful. Thank you for the perfect RED party this time of year!
FABBY

Anonymous said...

Your trees are wonderful, Melody, and I love antique malls, though I haven't been to one in ages. All the vintage items are superb.

Thanks for hosting REDnesday!

Hugs,
Marianne

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!! What a wonderful post, filled with so much eye candy!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Shelley said...

Wow! 15 years? That is incredible. I thought I was doing well with an 8 year old computer. Funny thing...I bought a new one today! Probably won't start using it 'til after the New Year.

I absolutely love your reflector tree topper. Very festive decorations! The antique store tours, too. I haven't been to one all season! I'm missing it!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Melody,
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comment on my Candy Kitchen!!

Hugs,
Deb

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Melody!
I love your xmas blog background, so cute!
Oh no, so sorry to hear about your computer - gosh, 15 years is amazing. May she return to you rejuvenated and ready for more. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Rednesday!

Cinderella Moments said...

Your Christmas trees are so cozy and sweet! Your house looks wonderful. hanks for taking us along on your shopping trip! I love the cart. Merry Christmas!
hugs♥,
Caroline