You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It was meant to be...............................................

......................and that makes it a red letter day...er....delivery day!
I received a much awaited package from my friend Sue from her Very Cherry World.
When I opened the package I was surprised with this adorable tag she made for my Easter, I love the little details and she remembered my love of flowers :)
As I pulled thru the paper I found my latest vintage find............................................
This 1960 study in floral designs of the times captured on a serving tray with coasters. How am I so certain of the year? Well, on one of our vintage hunts I found 2 American Horticultural Society Day Planners. One was 1960 and it has these photos and 7 more.  This will make a great conversation set! This is why said it was meant to be for me to get.
Here are the close-ups of these Flower Power designs.........................................................
The tray shows red and white carnations (red carnations are the Ohio state flower..another reason I had ro get this) in a Hobnail Milk Glass Compote with matching plate and a Soapstone figurine


This Mum design is still very popular, but it's the wall clock that caught my eye..if you click it it's give a better view Here's a pic a posted last year..................................
See my wall clock?  It must be the same company, but they must've done different themed peices, in different years.My clock has an eagle finial, brass filigris and a picture of Montecello. The coaster's clock has a barn scene and a rooster finial. (way cool coincidence) 

Isn't this set the neatest...oh I'm jsut so excited..these were just meant for me to find...I can't wait to do up my idea for a vintage inspired table with these.


Now I know Sue asked us to show off our Easter finery, but I haven't been able to decorate this year, so I will leave you with some Easter images for you to use..............................





Thank you Sue for letting me add these special finds to my collection and if you haven't visited Sue in her It's a Very Cherry World today would be perfect cause Wednesday is Rednesday

Your visit will be the cherry on the top of your day!

10 comments:

LV said...

What a wonderful gift you received. You were lucky on it. I enjoyed your blog and seeing all your goodies.

Gen said...

So pretty stuffs you have there. Happy Rednesday.

Mine is here

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very beautiful gifts!
Blessings,
~Myrna

Susanne said...

Great tray and coasters.

Daniella said...

How wonderful! I can't believe this was a gift! You are a very lucky girl indeed! Can't wait to see what you do with them!
xxDaniella

Cinderella Moments said...

That is some great stuff! I love the part about your clock. And I love the images you shared. The rabbits are so pretty.
I'm glad you like my interpretations of those exquisite pics you send me!
Today I'm trying to match the paint colors. Thanks again for emailing them.
hugs,
Caroline

Diann said...

Oh! Whata wonderful vintage tray ad coaster set! I love it! Sue is such a sweet gal!

Shirley said...

Hi Melody, I enjoyed reading your post and thanks for stopping by for a visit. I have been thinking about you and hoping that things had improved for you and your family. I am glad to see the end of February and March, but we still have doctor appointments to keep. I hope you have managed to escape the storms. We have, but it has been really chilly the last few nights. We are going to Pat's for Easter. I will have a day with my three boys that grandma likes to spoil. Have the best Easter possible and you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Your Missouri Friend.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Oh Melody!! So good to hear from ya...have to tell you - we made that post up on Friday when it was lovely and warm - I was leaving town until Wednesday....and so....I know I don't need to explain anymore :) Even though there is no sun...spring still is here...at least that's what the flowers and tree buds are thinking!!
If we don't talk to you - have a great Easter!!

oh - by the way those plates are tooooooo cute - and that is wild how that clock matches your actual clock - we are amazed :)

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Hi Melody, Happy Easter to you and your family! I also did not decorate for the holiday this year..except for one lone bunny rabbit dish that never got put away last year. I enjoyed seeing your kitschy tray collection, and I believe I spied some hammered aluminum on the wall as well. Wishes for a peaceful holiday.
♥, Susan