You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's Old Stuff Day!!!

Who da thunk it!!! A whole day dedicated to the celebration of OLD STUFF! We in Bloglandia have known for a very long time what a national treasure there is in old barns.....garages.....basements......attics.......closets...
just waiting to be found.....restored, repurposed, renewed. In celebration of OLD STUFF DAY here is a pictorial salute...............................................................
                                       These are some old things in my kitchen
 





 This is a vintage stamped for embroidery tablerunner I completed and have for sale on my website
 This vintage apron is one I hand-embroidered. It's available for $19.99
I took this pic in the garden next to the old child's wheelbarrow filled with heirloom sedum taken from my Grandma's house..she planted it in the 40's







This is a vintage tray and coasters from the 60's
Old landscape

vintage embroidery Transfers
Vintage Religious card














and Postdard

 Old stuff in a dining room cubby

And, old aluminum and glass stuff over the dining room window

This is just a little of my OLD STUFF. Just things I've picked up over the last 40 years..LOL..I started when I was....10! The best thing about old stuff it was either given to me by folks who didn't want it anymore or was purchased for only a few dollars.......who says you can't decorate on a dime. It might be old stuff, but it cleans up real good.
Now let's visit the Thrifty Groove for her party

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that apron ... you have some really pretty treasures.
Have a great eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Cinderella Moments said...

Your house must be filled with treasures. You have a great hobby hunting for stuff. I love the green apron. It's so spring ready.
I know what you mean about making wallpaper with My Memories. There's just so much stuff to play with!
Happy March!
Caroline

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

And what cute old stuff that is. Something else about old stuff. I just can't get enough of it. I have SO many dishes, but I can not pass any old ones I run across. Dear please don't let me become a hoarder. lol!
Hugs,
Jann

Diann said...

Wow, you have lots of wonderful vintage pieces Melody! And that table runner you finished is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at TTF this week! Have a fantastic day!