You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's not an Easter egg.......

 







Went to look for Easter eggs today....well, not just for eggs. We went to some of our favorite vintage spots.






I found some Easter Bonnets.............................



A cute Easter Basket that was really.....
this 1940's guest towel.
 And this.........

Yes...a box. It was filled with all of the most wonderful treasure.

This letter dated 1906 from the Branerd & Armstrong Company. Thanking someone for ordering thier sampling of sewing products.









These are samples of thier Satin threads.








the threader.......and.....










These are stamped patterns she recieved. the first one is an embroidery panel for a table scarf..they call them doilies. The next two are, Hand-painted holly and then cattails with  daisies that are for seat covers. The Grape and flowers with hand-tatted edging is a pillow cover. Under all of this, wrapped  in more tissue was...............

and inside were pages and pages of embroidery stitches, patterns, color renditions of embroidered flowers, items to order, vintage ads for sewing notions and fabrics....just all kind of things.

I was amazed.....I checked  the box....no price. Okay take it to the desk..maybe they know....not a clue.
Well, around here that's not good.......it's pricey....they'll call the lady. It was her Great-Grandma's....hmm do ya here the ca-ching.......nobody paid any attention to the little box for years tucked away up in the attic of the old family home......the house finally passed down to her and she was doing some much needed house cleaning...if ' the lady buying can use it and it's not all ruined'....'how's $12.50'? Knock me over with a feather! The sales lady chuckled and said it was fine. I quickly asked if she'd like some free help cleaning house?! Too late.....She cleaned it all out before Christmas and sent a lot to Goodwill. 
I left holding my treasure tightly in my arms. I think I'm gonna keep this just the way it is. Someday, if I find one of those showcase side tables, I'll display it in there. For now it'll sit on my shelf with my other sewing treasures. The book...it's already given me some inspiration.
Did you find a treasure this weekend?

7 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Melody, You really found a treasure! I would have bought that in a hot second...I can't tell you how many times I have picked something up at an antique store and it was not priced...sometimes it is not worth the hassle to ask...clearly this time it was!
♥, Susan

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Melody,

Yes, I found a treasure this weekend......new friends. I attended the Arizona bloggers luncheon and now I'll never run out of friends.......LOL

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Actually, I did find a treasure. I found a little honey pot that appears to be jadeite for $3.99. Even if it's a repro, it's cute, and that's a good price. :-)

Wish I could bring up your pics, but blogger is having issues. I tried to solve them by installing Firefox and messed up my browser. LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lisa said...

How exctiting! I love all your treasures! Enjoy!
Happy Spring!
Hugs, Lisa

Shirley said...

Hi Melody, I really liked the treasures that you found. I like going through old stuff that looks like junk when in reality, it is all in the eyes of the beholder and what you can do with it. We had sunshine today and we are going to have more sunshine tomorrow. We had such a rainy Saturday that I needed to dry out for a change so I didn;t squish when I walked through the yard. I have been sharing the computer so I am a little slow in reading my blogs. Have a wonderful Easter. Take care. Your Missouri Friend

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Wow Melanie! What a great find! How awesome is that!
Just poppin' in to wish you a Happy Easter Weekend!
Karla & Karrie

Cinderella Moments said...

What a beautiful book! Love that cover!