This tablerunner was a 1950-60's linen dishtowel. As you can see I hand-embroidered the the flowers and foliage as well as the clock. I added new fringe in the same brown tone as found in the print. It seems to tone down the pinks.
This little pink gingham apron is from the 1940-50's. I refurbished it a bit, completed the cross-stitch and added the sparle pink flowers and whimsical Panda Ballerina. This makes the perfect apron for a new mom! I'll be adding a little bib that can embroidered with the baby's name later and a pacifier.
I found this apron at the same time. I love the bottom border. Strands of fabric have been carefully removed to create a flying geese pattern usually found in quilts. I completed the Cross-stitch, embellished the pocket with a 1940-50's Christmas holly and poinsettia hankie that I hand-embroidered, and added a gold-tone poinsettia charm with red Austrian Crystals on some of the berries. I wish you could see the sparkle!
These are just a few of some of the new creations I've been working on. I haven't been able to get pics. It's been getting dark earlier and harder to catch the light. I hope to show more in the coming days.
It's going on 8:30p I'd better get back to my work before we have to put the kittens to bed........
didn't I tell you we had new fur kids! And yes Shadow is so happy. That is for a future post.