You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

One Busy Designing Woman!

Holy Cow! I cannot believe it's only two weeks till my first big craft show at Loveland High School. Where has October gone! I'm getting a little nervous, there are 200 vendors at this show! I didn't think the building was that large. I haven't been able to post as much as I like,It seems I have lost my WiFi hotspots in town, so during the day my laptop doesn't get out. This is what has been occupying my night time..........


















This tablerunner was a 1950-60's linen dishtowel. As you can see I hand-embroidered the the flowers and foliage as well as the clock. I added new fringe in the same brown tone as found in the print. It seems to tone down the pinks.















This little pink gingham apron is from the 1940-50's. I refurbished it a bit, completed the cross-stitch and added the sparle pink flowers and whimsical Panda Ballerina. This makes the perfect apron for a new mom! I'll be adding a little bib that can embroidered with the baby's name later and a pacifier.
























I found this apron at the same time. I love the bottom border. Strands of fabric have been carefully removed to create a flying geese pattern usually found in quilts. I completed the Cross-stitch, embellished the pocket with a 1940-50's Christmas holly and poinsettia hankie that I hand-embroidered, and added a gold-tone poinsettia charm with red Austrian Crystals on some of the berries. I wish you could see the sparkle!

These are just a few of some of the new creations I've been working on. I haven't been able to get pics. It's been getting dark earlier and harder to catch the light. I hope to show more in the coming days.
It's going on 8:30p I'd better get back to my work before we have to put the kittens to bed........
didn't I tell you we had new fur kids! And yes Shadow is so happy. That is for a future post.

2 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Wow, you have been very busy! Those aprons are adorable.
♥, Susan

Shirley said...

You have really been busy. I am going to do a craft show with my daughter-in-law here in a couple of weeks so I know about being busy plus I have sold a few things for which I am very pleased. I have had some time to work while John got his iron infusion, which is liquid iron given directly into the veins. It has helped some because he walked at office Depot. Good luck in your craft shows. Your Missouri Friend Shirley.