You can follow me through here and we can visit a while.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring is Sprung

" Spring is Sprung, the Grass is Riz
Brown Gingham Creations
is Bloomin All Over!"

Remember this 1940-50's hat I found way Back in January?
















Well, after searching for a vintage doll to go with this dandy topper, I finally found her. She was in the bottom of a box in a dealer's booth at the Florence Antique Mall with various doll parts and other more modern dolls. She looked a little frightened, but seemed relieved when I pulled her from the her dolly nightmare. She was in amazing shape, despite her ordeal and only needed a little repair, and, embellishment of course.




So, now without further adieu, may I introduce




'Miss English Country Garden 2009'


Viole' The hat has been cleaned, fluffed, and placed on a cermaic base. Miss English, sporting her original hand-crocheted pinafore and hat has been accented by bits of vintage costume jewelry and a 1950's hand-crocheted hot pad for her wings. Porcelain and pearl roses also grow in her garden and butterflies abound. For a little whimsy, and surpise, she not only looks good, but she has her own song! When you look under the base, a music box movement has been added.
It plays,'The English Cottage Garden Suite".
This is the first in my new line of musical angels.
Since I now have an outlet for music box movements I'll be able to do custom orders for these in various themes and requested tunes.

I've also found carnations have sprouted in my creative garden.

These carnations are in perpetual bloom! I was surprised to find this 1950's hostess apron in great condition. It was taken very good care of. If you look closely I have hand-embroidered the fern fronds as well as the center bouquet, but my fav thing is the Carnation Milk Co cookbook. With spring entertaining beginning this apron would show off your individual apronature and your good taste!
Before I go I had to show how my floral garden flowers come together when 'arranged',


These flower baskets were created with French Knot roses, daisies, and other blossoms. Whimsical appliqued butterflies hover around. This bolster pillow actually began life as a 1940's stamped embroidery bridge table cloth. It just shouts spring!
Here's a closeup:








Please visit my website www.brownginghamcreations.com and Etsy often. More blooms are sprouting everyday.

1 comment:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That little doll in yellow is just too cute! I love her little hat.
♥, Susan